Athanasios Theofilatos, Panagiotis Papantoniou, Emmanouil Barmpounakis, Ioanna Pagoni and Dimosthenis Pavlou PhD students at the Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering of NTUA were awarded with the NTUA Thomaidion Award for outstanding publications in scientific journals or conferences proceedings for the year 2014.
The awards for publications in Scientific Journal concerned:
- Theofilatos A., Yannis G., A review of the effect of traffic and weather characteristics on road safety, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol. 72, pp. 244-256, 2014
- Pagoni I., Psaraki V., A tool for calculating aircraft emissions and its application to Greek airspace, Transportation Planning and Technology, Vol. 37, Issue 2,pp. 138-153, 2014
- Yannis G., Laiou A., Papantoniou P., Christoforou C., Impact of texting on young drivers’ behaviour and safety in urban and rural roads through a simulation experiment, Journal of Safety Research, Vol. 49, 2014, pp.25-31
The awards for publications in Scientific Conferences concerned:
- Barmpounakis E., Vlahogianni E., Golias I., Investigating Powered Two-Wheelers Overtaking Behavior in Urban Arterials, Proceedings of the 93rd Annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, January 2014
- Papadimitriou E., Pavlou D., Papantoniou P., Yannis G., Golias I., Papageorgiou S.G., “Results from a driving simulator study on performance of drivers with cerebral diseases in rural roads“, Proceedings of the 93rd Annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, January 2014