http://www.transport.ntua.gr/wp-content/uploads/dt-image-scholarship.jpg 3750 5000 Maria Kouaki http://www.transport.ntua.gr/wp-content/uploads/dt-banner-new2-300x87.png Maria Kouaki2020-05-07 12:32:522021-11-23 12:34:00Scholarships for Transport Studies, 2021
Scholarships for Transport Studies, 2021
Announcements for Scholarships for Postgraduate Transport Studies in Greece and abroad are presented below. These Scholarships concern both MSc and PhD Programmes. Students are solicited to apply directly to the Universities announcing these scholarships, whereas they can always discuss them with the Professors of the Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering.
- The CLEAR-Doc COFUND Doctoral Fellowship Programme aims at attracting at Université Gustave Eiffel 30 promising PhD Students from around the world working in the field of the “City of tomorrow”. The programme is uniquely shaped to offer the best training stemming from the “triple i” principles of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions:
- The Freight Mobility Research Institute (FMRI) at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is currently accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position in Transportation Engineering who would like to join our research team in the areas of Smart Cities and City Logistics. The FMRI research facility a state-of-the-art laboratory that excels in both transportation operations and field experiments.
- France and Greece jointly implement an ambitious scholarship program for Greek postgraduate students (Master 2) who choose France. The invitation to submit applications for the year 2021-2022 ends on June 13, 2021 and Greek time 23:00. It is available on the IFG and IKY websites.
- Northeastern University in Boston (transit group) offers funded PhD position in the general area of “Public Transport Operations”. The start date is August/September 2021.
- Loughborough University offers a three-year fully funded PhD Studentship on: “Developing Countermeasures for Work-Related Road Safety”. Start date of studentship October 2020. Submissions until May 31st 2020.
- Highways England and Loughborough University are offering a three-year fully funded PhD Studentship on: Developing Countermeasures for Work-Related Road Safety. Submissions until November 30th 2019.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD), full and partial scholarships, MSc in Smart Cities and Communities, submissions until February 1st 2019.
- University of Leeds, Institute for Transport Studies, fully funded PhD studentship in “Ownership and mobility services in an automated vehicle environment, and its impact on energy use, carbon emissions and distributional equity”, start date October 2019, submissions until January 31th, 2019.
- Ghent University, Research group SEG, Full-time PhD position (2019-2022) a PhD student for a 4-year term on the project titled “The happy commuter. A life-oriented approach of commuting satisfaction”, start date April 2019, submissions until January 31th, 2019.
- Engage, the SESAR Knowledge Transfer Network, PhDs and post-graduate theses, 1 November 2018.
- DREAM – Centre for Doctoral Training , fully funded PhD studentship in Building resilient cities in the shrinking paradigm: A UK and China comparison using new sources of big data, August 15, 2018.
- Imperial College London, Centre for Environmental Policy, PhD studentship for UK residents in the area of transport policy, air pollution, and health, September 15th.
- Transport Modelling Division of the Department of Management Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and General Motors (GM) Research, Research Assistant/ PhD scholar, on integrated simulation of future car-sharing solutions, namely on the design, formulation and development of models and simulation capabilities for both the users and the operator of car-sharing services, September 2018.
- Purdue University, Lyles School of Civil Engineering, PhD student positions available at the Sustainable Transportation Systems Research (STSR) group, 2019-2020.
- Monash University‘s Mobility Design Lab within the Faculty of Art Design and Architecture (MADA), a fully funded, 3-year PhD Scholarship in the field of cycling for “international” applicants, January 2019.
- The Technische Universität Braunschweig Institute of Transportation and Urban Engineering, a Doctoral Researcher joining the interdisciplinary Research Training Group (RTG) SocialCars – Cooperative, (de)centralized traffic management, 8 July 2018.
ETH Zurich, a PhD position in Traffic Engineering at IVT – Institute for Transport Planning and Systems , ETH Zurich
- SAFERUP: Sustainable, Accessible, Safe, Resilient and Smart Urban Pavements, 15 Marie Curie PhD opportunities for researchers interested in aspects of pavements – for people and vehicles – and embracing all aspects of the science, engineering and sociology involved in making them better for city and interurban infrastructure, 9 July 2018
- Loughborough University, Department of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering, UK, a PhD Studentship, Mathematical modelling and human factors perspectives on driver behaviour in relation to ADAS systems, 30 June 2018
- University of Glasgow, UK, PhD studentships in Engineering (Connected/Automated Vehicles, Transport/Traffic Systems, Operations Research, Control), June 4, 2018
- University College London, Railway Research Group, 3-year PhD Studentship on Railway Dwell Time Analysis and Optimisation, 15 May 2018
- Delft University of Technology, TUDelft, Netherlands, PhD Studentship on “Performance and Safety Evaluation of Dedicated Lanes Design for Automated Vehicles“, 10 April 2018
- Research Centre for Integrated Transport Innovation (rCITI) School of Civil and Environmental Engineering University of New South Wales (UNSW) Sydney, Australia, PhD position on Pedestrian network modelling, June 2018
- University of Southampton UK, Faculty of Engineering & Environment, Transportation Research Group, Human Factors Engineering team, three funded PhD opportunities:
- A PhD Studentship: Applying a sociotechnical systems approach to improve cycling safety and increase cycling participation, 04 May 2018
- A PhD Studentship: The application of Human Factors methods for cross-cultural comparisons of road safety systems,
- A PhD Studentship: Training implications for drivers of automated vehicles, 1 September 2018
- Kühne Logistics University Hamburg, 10 full Phd Scholarships donated by the Kühne Foundation in the area of transport, logistics and management, September 2018.
- Technical University of Munich, Department of Civil, Geo and Environmental Engineering Chair of Transportation Systems Engineering, PhD Position on modelling the impacts of demand responsive van pooling “D-VanPool” Project, March 2018.
- Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts PhD in Personal Health Informatics or PhD in Computer Science.
- Northumbria University, Phd Project “A Naturalistic Cycling Study- Investigating cyclists’ behaviour and their interaction with other road users“, October 2018.
- Institute for Climate Change and Sustainable Development, University of Malta PhD opportunities in relation to the HORIZON 2020 Project – CIVITAS DESTINATIONS Project, 28th March 2017.
- City College of New York Manhattan, NY, PhD position in Transportation Program, Fall 2017.
- University Loughborough, U.K., PhD Studentship Targeting Road Injury Prevention (TRIP), January 2017.
- Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, TUDelf – Search for 2 PhD-students and Postdoctoral researcher, January 2017.
- Research Training Group (RTG) “SocialCars – cooperative, (de-)centralized traffic management”, 12 Doctoral (Phd) projects concentrate on aspects of highly automated and fully automated driving in mixed traffic and resulting implications for traffic management, January 2017.
- University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA, PhD studies, Modeling and/or control for connected and automated vehicles, Traffic simulation, Traffic-energy-environment interaction, 2016-2017
- Greek Shipowners Association, 4 Scholarship for Postgraduate studies, December 2016
- Università degli Studi di Napoli, Italy, 1 Scholarship for Phd in Civil System Engineering (32nd cycle), in the transportation sector, 2016-2017
- Universities of Southampton, Huddersfield, Birmingham and Nottingham, UK, funded PhD studentships linked to the ‘Track to the Future‘ programme, in Railway Track System Research, June 2016
- Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI), June 2016:
- A PhD student on the topic of Traffic modeling and simulation of autonomous vehicles and automated traffic systems
- A PhD student on the topic of modelling and planning of bike traffic
- French Government Scholarship (BGF) for Μaster 2, April 2016
- Loughborough University, UK, PhD studies, Evaluating the impact of smart motorways on the environments: Is smart the new green?, February 2016
- Loughborough University, UK, PhD studies, Evaluating small-scale rail investment decisions in relation to passenger satisfaction, January 2016.
- University of Leeds, UK, PhD studies, Climate Research Doctoral Training Programme, January 2016.
- University of Glasgow, School of Engineering, UK, PhD studies, Transport control and engineering, January 2016.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA, PhD studies, Mobility Electronic Market for Optimized Travel, December 2015.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA, Post Doctoral Research Associate, Transportation systems analysis and optimization, December 2015.
- University of Brescia, Italy, PhD studies, Urban Mobility, July 2015.
- University of Loughborough, United Kingdom, PhD studies, Automated Mobility, January 2015.