Maria Konstantinidou, Emmanouil Barmpounakis, Panagiotis Papantoniou, Ioanna Pagoni and Dimosthenis Pavlou PhD students and Evanthia Thanou graduate student of the Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering of NTUA were awarded with the NTUA Thomaidion Award for outstanding publications in scientific journals or conferences proceedings for the year 2015.
The awards for publications in Scientific Journals concerned:
- Konstantinidou M., Kepaptsoglou Κ., Karlaftis Μ., Stathopoulos Α., Joint Evacuation and Emergency Traffic Management Model with Consideration of Emergency Response Needs, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 2532, pp. 107-117, January 2015
- Barmpounakis E., Vlahogianni E., Golias J., Intelligent transportation systems and powered two wheelers traffic, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 17(4), pp 908-916,2016.
- Papantoniou P., Papadimitriou E., Yannis G., “Assessment of Driving Simulator Studies on Driver Distraction”, Advances in Transportation Studies, Issue 35, 2015, pp. 129-144
The awards for publications in Scientific Conferences concerned:
- Pagoni I., Psaraki-Kalouptsidi P., Behavioural changes in air travel due to the introduction of carbon emission fees, 14th International Conference on Travel Behaviour Research was held in Windsor, July 2015.
- Pavlou D., Papadimitriou E., Antoniou C., Papantoniou P., Yannis G., Golias I., Papageorgiou S.G., Driving behaviour of drivers with Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s Disease: a driving simulator study, Proceedings of the 94th Annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, January 2015.
- Thanou E., Ballis A., A simulation approach to “quay-to shore storage area” container transfer problem, Proceedings of the 1st International Transport Conference – 15th Special Conference of the Hellenic Operational Research Society, Alexandroupolis, Greece, October 2015.